Wednesday, February 14, 2007

e-books

I have used e-books occasionally since the library has first started subscribing to them. I find it easy to use. I only use it as a starting place, by searching a subject and looking at different books and I find which are of most interest to me and interlibrary loan (ill) them. Books are so much better then a computer screen. That probably one reason I don't care for blogs, but them in book form and I'll read them. I do have very dry eyes and looking at a computer screen for any time at all really bothers my eyes. For anybody doing research papers and maybe research for something specific such as an illness, e-books can be of great help. I see this as something that will only get more popular as people become more familiar with it especially if it become more portable. I overall really like e-books as a resource but cannot see it ever replacing real books. There is nothing like curling up with a good book and a cup of tea.

1 comment:

Bobbi Newman said...

I'm with you, I don't even see ebooks replacing "real" books. I think they can make a nice supplement to them. Especially for text that people reference often but don't actually read front to back.